My Guide Website?
From Veracruz: Tajin & Papantla Tour. Fast Way2 Reviews
Visit the most important ceremonial center of the Totonaca culture at the El Tajín archaeological zone. Explore the impressive magical town of Papantla, the cradle of the Papantla Flyers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk around the archaeological zone of Tajin with an expert guide
- Look closely at a mural that describes the history of the area
- Explore the historical center of Papantla
- Take in panoramic views of Papantla from the observation deck
DescriptionStart the tour with pick up at your hotel at 8 AM and travel for 3.5 hours to the archaeological zone. Arrive at the most important ceremonial center of the Totonaca peoples, the archaeological area of El Tajín which combines history, knowledge, and beauty in one setting. Next, admire the pre-colonial buildings in the middle of the jungle including a palace, temple, and soccer fields. Marvel at the amazing pyramid of Los Nichos which is considered to be an agricultural, civic, and sun calendar, due to its 7 levels and 365 niches. After this, continue the tour to Papantla, also known as Pueblo Mágico, located a few kilometers away in Totonacapan. This place is where vanilla originates from and where local men performed fertility rituals. Learn about how the precolonial and Spanish melting pot of cultures led to the mixing of folklore and taste; a heritage that still lives on in the region. Explore the historical center of Papantla and take in panoramic views of Papantla from the observation deck. Return to Veracruz at 6 PM where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Transportation Tickets
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility • You must walk for around 2 hours to the archeological zone of Tajín with a guide
- You will need to climb 30 steps to reach the top of the lookout
- Breakfast is recommended before you begin your tour
- Please bring additional cash for souvenirs and food