My Guide Website?
From San Miguel de Allende: Guanajuato City Tour10 Reviews
Visit the magical city of Guanajuato and admire its colorful facades, fascinating landscapes, city tunnels, and captivating museums. Discover its rich cultural history with a certified guide, and enjoy regional cuisine with lunch at a local restaurant.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cancún: Swim with Whale Sharks
- Riviera Maya: Holbox Island Full-Day Trip with Lunch
- Mexico City: Cacahuamilpa Caves and Taxco Small-Group Tour
- Mexico City: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City Tour
- Chichen Itza, Cenote, and Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour
- Learn about Guanajuato's key role in Mexican history
- Marvel at the colonial architecture of this old city
- Explore Guanajuato's weaving, charming streets
- Take in beautiful views of the city from the observation point above
- Delight in a delicious lunch made from high-quality, local ingredients
DescriptionDiscover the incredible city of Guanajuato, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a full-day tour from San Miguel de Allende. Explore the history of the city, visit wonderful churches and the Diego Rivera Museum, and savor lunch at a local restaurant. After pickup from your accommodation in San Miguel de Allende, drive toward Guanajuato and make your first stop at Pípila Monument. Delight in views of the city from above from the lookout as your private guide introduces you to Guanajuato's history. Then, ride a cable car to the downtown area and visit the first church built in the city. Next-door, marvel at the Juarez Theater, one of the most emblematic buildings of Mexico's Porfirian era. Go inside to see its unique architecture, and learn about the history of both buildings with your certified guide. After exploring the Juarez Theater, walk the colorful streets of Guanajuato to the Church of Jesus' Company to see its beautiful facade and unique style. Enter the temple to discover paintings from the 17th century, then make your way to the university, another unique architectural landmark, and learn about its history. A visit to the Diego Rivera museum comes next. View the art show that always has Mexican artists on display, and explore Diego's life, murals, portraits, and cubist paintings. From there, head to the Plaza de la Paz, the aristocratic center of the city to admire its architecture. Marvel at the Basílica of Our Lady of Guanajuato, where you'll find the oldest statue of the Virgin Mary in the Americas, which dates from the year 714. Lunch at a local restaurant follows. Enjoy great regional food with high-quality options for everyone. After lunch, take the cable car back up to begin your return journey to San Miguel de Allende. On your way back to San Miguel, you can stop at the San Cayetano church, one of the most adorned and beautiful churches that represents the golden age of the city of Guanajuato.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in San Miguel de Allende All entrance fees Private certified guide Lunch Cold bottled water
- This is a walking tour through the city of Guanajuato where streets are uneven; this tour is therefore not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This is a private tour so please just let the local partner know if you'd like to be picked up at a different time. Also, feel free to let your guide know if you'd like to spend some extra time at a certain spot, cut things short, or make a stop somewhere along the way to make your experience as enjoyable as possible