My Guide Website?
From Puebla: Cholula and Atlixco Puebla´s Magical Towns16 Reviews
Discover Cholula and Atlixco by taking the official tour of these magical towns, this is the best way to experience Cholula and Atlixco and visit their main attractions, temples, and squares.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cancún: Swim with Whale Sharks
- Riviera Maya: Holbox Island Full-Day Trip with Lunch
- Mexico City: Cacahuamilpa Caves and Taxco Small-Group Tour
- Mexico City: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City Tour
- Chichen Itza, Cenote, and Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour
- Round-trip transportation from meeting point to Magical Town
- Visit two different magical towns in one tour: Cholula and Atlixco
- Visit the Great Pyramid of Cholula and two famous temples
- Explore Atlixco and feel the vibes of a typical Mexican Town
- Learn about Puebla´s history and traditions
DescriptionCholula is considered one of the most beautiful Magical Towns in Mexico, it combines the best of two worlds: its pre-Hispanic heritage, traditions, delicious gastronomy, its pyramids, and the characteristics of a modern city. On this tour, you will visit the following: -The Great Pyramid of Cholula, which is the largest pyramidal base in the world 400 m long, and dedicated to the God Tláloc. -The Church of Santa María Tonantzintla: the interior of this church is covered with countless faces, masks, flowers, fruits, birds, and abstract decorative designs. It shows the mixture of the Colonial era and Christianity with the Indigenous Culture. The decoration of this church is the greatest expression of Mexican syncretism and it is undoubtedly a beautiful place to visit. -The Church of San Francisco Ecatepec: this church was built in the 16th century, a product of Baroque architecture and has a front facade covered in Talavera, typical of this area of Mexico. You will also visit Atlixco, one of the most popular magical towns in Mexico, which is located at the foot of the Popocatépetl volcano. In the Plaza del Zócalo, you can admire the colorful murals in the Municipal Palace that narrate the history of Atlixco. In the Ex-Convento del Carmen, you can visit the cultural center and a small museum of archeology. You can also admire the church of La Merced known for its highly ornate Baroque facade. You will enjoy walking and touring the streets of Atlixco and feeling the vibes of an authentic Mexican town. This tour promises to be an extraordinary and magical experience. You can stroll and walk the streets of Atlixco and feel the vibes of an authentic Mexican town.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from the meeting point to Cholula and Atlixco Sightseeing tour of Cholula and Atlixco Travel Insurance Tour Coordinator
- All passengers must arrive at the meeting point.