Property Guide for Prospective Owners in Tulum, Mexico
Tips for buying a property in Tulum
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cancún: Swim with Whale Sharks
- Riviera Maya: Holbox Island Full-Day Trip with Lunch
- Mexico City: Cacahuamilpa Caves and Taxco Small-Group Tour
- Mexico City: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City Tour
- Chichen Itza, Cenote, and Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour
2. Set your budget: Set a realistic budget and stick to it before anything else, no matter if it is a good offer, think that if you go out of the line you set for yourself you could complicate your plan and at one point even lose your future property.
3. Research the characteristics of the areas of Tulum: Tulum is divided into two main areas, the beach in the front and the jungle in the back. Each area has its own environment and offers different development opportunities.
4. The climate: Tulum enjoys a warm and sunny climate all year round, an ideal place if you like tropical living.
5. Current and future market conditions: Do some research and verify that what you are being offered is real, in the case of Tulum one of its highlights are its well known white sandy beaches, its good weather, incredible landscapes and its growing tourist economy thanks to the development of the Mayan train and the Tulum International Airport.
6. Buying process: Deal with a trusted real estate agent or lawyer specialised in real estate, this is crucial when buying land in Tulum or anywhere else. It is important to have an expert who can guide you through the buying process and avoid any kind of scam.
We have made these small points to make it easier for you to start looking for the property of your dreams in Tulum, we know there is a huge world of possibilities out there, however if you have these points clear it will be easier for you to get advice and make this important decision.