Property Guide for Prospective Owners in Tulum, Mexico
Tips for buying a property in Tulum1. Por personal use, investment or both: Do you want to buy a house or a flat? A detached house in Tulum may be what you want for you and your family. But if you are buying for investment purposes, then holiday renters may want a more central location or close to a tourist attraction.
2. Set your budget: Set a realistic budget and stick to it before anything else, no matter if it is a good offer, think that if you go out of the line you set for yourself you could complicate your plan and at one point even lose your future property.
3. Research the characteristics of the areas of Tulum: Tulum is divided into two main areas, the beach in the front and the jungle in the back. Each area has its own environment and offers different development opportunities.
4. The climate: Tulum enjoys a warm and sunny climate all year round, an ideal place if you like tropical living.
5. Current and future market conditions: Do some research and verify that what you are being offered is real, in the case of Tulum one of its highlights are its well known white sandy beaches, its good weather, incredible landscapes and its growing tourist economy thanks to the development of the Mayan train and the Tulum International Airport.
6. Buying process: Deal with a trusted real estate agent or lawyer specialised in real estate, this is crucial when buying land in Tulum or anywhere else. It is important to have an expert who can guide you through the buying process and avoid any kind of scam.
We have made these small points to make it easier for you to start looking for the property of your dreams in Tulum, we know there is a huge world of possibilities out there, however if you have these points clear it will be easier for you to get advice and make this important decision.