My Guide Website?
Puerto Escondido: Bioluminescence Night Spectacle7 Reviews
Embark on an adventure and observe with your own eyes how bioluminescence is possible in Manialtepec Lagoon. Admire the lights in the water that look like if you were seeing shooting stars in the sky.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore a lagoon in the night
- Dive into the Manialtepec lagoon and delight in the glow of bioluminescent plankton
- Enjoy the experience of natural light in the darkness.
DescriptionEnjoy a pickup after sunset from your hotel lobby in Puerto Escondido. Head towards the Manialtepec lagoon in the darkness of night. Marvel at a spectacular natural show while crossing the lagoon in a boat with the help of a local instructor. Experience the delightful reaction of how millions of microorganisms begin to illuminate the water as you swim or while you touch the water through the boat. Witness this rare event as there are only 2 lagoons in Mexico that have this spectacular and beautiful phenomenon. The color may vary from white to blue. Passing midnight and after enjoying this remarkable experience, you will be taken back to your hotel in Puerto Escondido. Subject to the lunar calendar. Observation of the phenomenon is not possible, during the full moon days.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Boat ride
- Boat ride is included in the ticket price
- Food and drinks will not be provided
- Tips (optional) is not included in the ticket price
- The bioluminiscense pictures are illustrative