My Guide Website?
Mexico City: Xochimilco, Casa Azul, Coyoacán & UNAM Tour279 Reviews
Take a boat trip down the tranquil canals of Xochimilco, explore the streets of Coyoacán, visit Frida Kahlo’s Blue House, and discover the grounds of the city’s famous university on a guided tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Oaxaca:Sunday Local Market & Yagul Archaeological Site
- Cancun Airport: One-Way or Round Trip Airport Transfer
- From Cancún/Playa del Carmen: Holbox Island Tour
- Mexico City: Xochimilco, Coyoacan, Frida Kahlo & UNAM
- Bacalar: 3 Hour Boat Trip with Swimming & Drinks
- Enjoy a leisurely boat ride down the tranquil floating gardens of Xochimilcho
- Stroll down the cobbled streets of Coyoacan and admire its colonial houses
- Learn about Frida Kahlo's fascinating life at the Casa Azul
- Visit UNAM, home to the Olympic Stadium from 1968
DescriptionTake a guided day trip from Mexico City and cruise the waterways of Xochimilco, a UNESCO site, on a wooden boat. Explore the colonial architecture of Coyoacán, stroll through Central University, and visit the Frida Kahlo Museum with the included entry tickets. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from the doorstep of your accommodation in Mexico city. Relax in an airconditioned van on the drive to the waterways of Xochimilco. Glide through the water on a colorful wooden boat called a Trajinera. Purchase a drink and regional snacks from one of the restaurant boats that dot the waterways. Listen to the sounds of mariachi bands permeating the air as you sail past the floating gardens. Continue your tour to the neighborhood of Coyoacán, favored by some of Mexico's most famous artists and writers. Stroll its tree-lined cobbled streets, admiring the stucco and tile facades of its beautiful colonial houses. Next, make your way to the Frida Kahlo Museum which is the former house of the famed Mexican painter. Gain insight into the life of this iconic figure and her famous husband, Diego Rivera, and stroll through the picturesque garden. The last stop of the tour is to the campus of the Central University, home to the Olympic Stadium from 1968 and adorned with murals by a number of Mexican artists.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Boat ride in Xochimilco Bilingual guide Travel insurance Entrance ticket to the museum
- Please remember to wear comfortable clothing and shoes and to bring a sun hat as well as money for food, drinks and souvenirs
- Pickup available from any hotel/address in Mexico City
- Pickup will be between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM depending on your hotel/address location