My Guide Website?
Mexico City: Teotihuacan and Tlatelolco Day Trip by Van2841 Reviews
Explore ancient Teotihuacan and observe the pyramids of the Sun and Moon. Visit Our Lady of Guadalupe Basilica, an important pilgrimage site, and learn about the 3 cultures represented at Tlatelolco.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Teotihuacan, one of the world’s most impressive archeological complexes
- Observe the pyramids of the Sun and the Moon built between A.D. 1 and 250
- Discover why the Our Lady of Guadalupe symbolizes is a symbol of Mexican faith
- Learn about the 3 periods of Mexican history at Plaza de las Tres Culturas
- Get the most of your time with small groups
DescriptionTake in the three most culturally and historically important sites in the Mexico City area on a full-day tour. First, visit the archeological site of Teotihuacan and marvel at some of the most impressive pyramids in the world. See the Sun and Moon pyramids, the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, and the Dead's Avenue. Next, you’ll head to Mexico’s most important Catholic pilgrimage site, the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This shrine was built to commemorate the reported appearance of the Virgin Mary to Juan Diego, an Aztec peasant. The third and final stop of the tour is Tlatelolco, where it is said that the past, present, and future of Mexico meet. The Plaza de las Tres Culturas is named after the three periods of Mexican history represented by structures from the pre-Columbian, Spanish colonial, and the independent mestizo nation.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Mexico City (restrictions may apply) Entrance fees to the sites Transportation Bilingual guide Liquor tasting
- Comfortable shoes, a sun hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- Don't forget your camera
- Pickup is available from any hotel in Mexico City The order of the stops may vary