My Guide Website?
Holbox: Stars and Bioluminescent Marine Life Kayaking Tour37 Reviews
Discover the beauty of Holbox Island at night with this guided kayaking tour. Paddle along as you admire the twinkling stars above and bioluminescent sea life below during this unique experience.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Expereince the excitement of swimming with bioluminescent plankton
- See the stars clearly in an area where the light pollution is very low
- Hear about the ecosystem and learn about what causes bioluminescence
- Soak in the tranquility of nighttime on the water as you kayak along
- Be picked up and dropped off directly at your accommodation in downtown Holbox
DescriptionCruise along the coast of Holbox by kayak while observing constellations and shooting stars. Swim in the water and enjoy the unique experience of seeing neon-blue bioluminescent plankton up close. Be picked up from the comfort of your accommodation in downtown Holbox and relax on the drive to the launching point for your tour. Get set up with your high-quality kayaking gear before embarking on your nighttime adventure. Glide over the water and listen to the sound of the water lapping the shore. Look up to see the stars in this area where the light pollution is low and see the stars reflecting off the water. Learn about the constellations you see, spot your own zodiac constellation depending on the month, and see 3-5 planets. Listen as your guide tells you about the local ecosystem before reaching the sandbanks and going for a dip in the sea. Particularly in the spring and summer, witness the bioluminescent plankton glow as it senses your movement in the water. Marvel as this outlines your body with a magic light. Return to your accommodation in downtown Holbox at the end of your tour.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off in downtown Holbox English-speaking guide Kayaking tour
- Rain may improve the intensity of the bioluminescent effect The bioluminescent effect is most prominent in the spring and summer