My Guide Website?
From Cancún: Rio Lagartos & Las Coloradas Day Trip & Lunch149 Reviews
Ride a boat through the canals of Rio Lagartos and hop into a clay bath on this all-day tour from Cancún. Enjoy local seafood for lunch, see herons, eagles, and cormorants, and marvel at pink water.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore paradisiac Rio Lagartos
- Experience Nature upclose
- Discover the Coloradas area by bike
- Wild animal observation
DescriptionRio Lagartos is a small fishing village in a Nature Reserve; one of the natural treasures of the Yucatan Peninsula. Here we can enjoy a boat tour through its water canals surrounded by mangroves, where you can observe a variety of species of birds such as pink flamingos, herons, eagles, seagulls, pelicans, and cormorants. During the tour, we pass under the bridge of Las Coloradas in bike (Depends on avalablity) to get to the salt deposits where we see different bodies of water involved in this process, some of which an eye-catching pink. Following, we will rejoice in the Mayan Bath, covering the body in nutrient-rich clay. Next, we’ll be heading to an unspoiled beach to remove the clay in the crystal water, where we will enjoy ourselves with the tasty local fish-and-shellfish-based food.
IncludesBilingual guided tour Boat ride to Rio Lagartos Mayan bath with Coloradas sand Free time at beach Meal (fish, chicken, and vegetarian options) with 1 bottled drink Bike tour to Las Coloradas (depending on availability) 2 bottles of water during transportation
- The Coloradas pink color fades depending on weather
- This activity is only suitable for children over 5
- Participants should be able to walk on uneven terrain
- This tour is not recommended for those with muscular or joint problems * Bikes are subject to availability
- Please consult your physician if you suffer from motion sickness and ask for a preventive pill
- There is a $800 Mxn tax per person that must be paid in cash when boarding
- Activity starting time is different than your pickup time. Please disregard Getyourguide´s notifications and attend to the confirmation email sent by us.