My Guide Website?
Cancun/Playa del Carmen: Tickets to Rio Secreto and Lunch240 Reviews
Explore an underwater network of rivers and caves, featuring labyrinths, stalactites, and stalagmites. Then, dine on a light lunch of local food.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Loreto: Tabor Canyon Guided Hike
- Cozumel: El Cielo & Palancar Snorkel with Open Bar & Ceviche
- From Guadalajara: Tequila Day Trip with Jose Cuervo Option
- Mazatlán: Whale Watching Tour
- Cancun Airport: One-Way or Round Trip Airport Transfer
- Spend some time exploring the underwater world of Rio Secreto
- Travel through the network of rivers and caves
- Enjoy a light lunch of local food after your adventure
DescriptionImmerse yourself in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites with a visit to Rio Secret in Playa del Carmen. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters in this hidden underground network of rivers and caves. Upon arriving at Rio Secreto, meet your guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp, and a helmet to get ready for the adventure. Then enter the caves, where you have 1968 feet (600 meters) free to walk, swim, and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings. After approximately 1.5 hours, you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot. This is a chance for you to relax in the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. Next, you may wash and change before heading back to your hotel.
IncludesAdmission fee Bilingual guides Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cancun (if option selected) Specialized equipment (wetsuit, life vest, special shoes, and hardhat with headlamp) Towel and lockers Snacks Access to bathrooms, showers, hammocks, etc.
- The pickup option is available only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- This is a small group tour with a maximum of 10 participants with a knowledgeable guide
- Children under 4 are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 250 pounds (120 kilograms)
- Before the tour of the underground routes, please store the following items inside lockers: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry that could get tangled or fall off, cameras or video cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this tour
- For cruise ship passengers, it is strongly suggested that you book your tour through your cruise line. You can do this directly through their website or on board through one of their shore excursion managers. Ask for the Amazing Secret River option