My Guide Website?
Mexico City: Day of the Dead Guided Tour62 Reviews
Live firsthand the long-living Mexican tradition of the Day of the Dead, hand in hand with a professional guide, who will provide you with all the insights about this festivity.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cancún: Swim with Whale Sharks
- Riviera Maya: Holbox Island Full-Day Trip with Lunch
- Mexico City: Cacahuamilpa Caves and Taxco Small-Group Tour
- Mexico City: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City Tour
- Chichen Itza, Cenote, and Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour
- Experience one of Mexico’s most symbolic traditions, the Day of the Dead!
- See the beautifully decorated altars where offerings are left each year
- Learn about the history and importance of the Day of the Dead from your guide
- Mingle with the locals celebrating their loved ones as you listen to music and dance
- Feel the spiritual ambiance that invades the streets of the city during this day
DescriptionThe tour begins with pickup from the meeting point in Mexico City. Enjoy a panoramic visit around the streets of Mexico City, visiting famous and iconic sports like the Monumento a la Revolución, the Ángel de la Independencia, and the Paseo de la Reforma. Visit a cemetery at night, where you can admire the famous altars and their rich expressions of popular art that fuse symbolism and thought, both pre-Hispanic and Catholic around death. Learn about the symbolism of these altars and their importance to the people who created them. Listen to your guide's fascinating stories, and discover why marigold flowers are used, among other items, to decorate the altars. Mingle with the locals as you take part in this special day. Finally, visit Xochimilco to take a tour of the canals at nighttime in a trajinera – a traditional Mexican boat. Pass through floating gardens. Do not miss the opportunity to enjoy the most authentic Day of the Dead experience, book your tour now, it only happens once a year!
IncludesRound transportation from the meeting point in Mexico City Bilingual guide Mariachi Show Visit to the Pantheon Trajinera (traditional boat) ride
- The duration and logistics of the tour may be affected by weather and traffic conditions in the city. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, rain gear and warm clothes.