My Guide Website?
From Mexico City: Cholula Pyramid & Puebla Small Group Tour47 Reviews
Discover one of the cities with major cultural heritage in this fascinating tour of Puebla and Cholula. Admire the extraordinary scenery dominated by the Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl volcanoes
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Great Pyramid of Cholula and walk through its labyrinth of tunnels and surroundings
- Learn about two architectural gems in Santa María Tonantzintla & San Francisco Acatepec
- Enjoy the splendor of its colonial buildings in Puebla de los Angeles
- Visit Rosario Chapel, one of the architectural gems of Puebla City (schedules not always available)
- Stroll down Calle de los Dulces where you will get to know more typical desserts than you thought you could see in one place
DescriptionArrive in the city of Cholula and visit the Great Pyramid, with a basement that looks like an archaeological site (comparable to the Pyramid of Giza in Egypt). Ascend to the Our Lady of Remedies Church, a church built on top of the pyramid. Later, visit the church of Santa María Tonantzintla - unique for its interior decoration composed of indigenous motifs and Catholic elements. Learn about how the Indigenous peoples of Tonatzintla wanted to represent Tlaloc, the god of rain, in the dome of the sky chapel. Witness how every little carved face is not an angel, but rather an Indigenous person who died and was reincarnated in the sky. Finally, visit the church of San Francisco Acatepec - a beautiful and unforgettable church. After this, discover one of Mexico's cities with the greatest cultural heritage during a fascinating tour of “Puebla de los Ángeles”. Admire the extraordinary scenery protected by the Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl volcanoes. Visit the cathedral, which is cross-shaped and consists of 5 naves. See how the central altar was constructed in an octagonal shape whilst the other 4 altars face in the direction of compass points. Marvel at the bell towers which are the largest in Mexico. Continue on to visit the famous Capilla del Rosario, which in its day was considered as one of the 8 wonders of the world. Step inside the chapel to see a statue of the Virgin of the Rosary, surrounded by numerous saints, angels, and martyrs. At the end of the tour, visit La Iglesia de la Compañia, where you will find the dress style now known as China Poblana - a white blouse and colorful embroidered red and green shirt - which has evolved to include the national symbols of Mexico, an eagle clutching a snake, and a prickly pear cactus. Learn about how women who wear this dress usually braid their hair on 2 sides tied with red, white, and green ribbons. At 4 PM return to Mexico City where your tour will end.
IncludesTransport Admissions to the Pyramid of Cholula Bilingual tour guide
- There is no elevator to reach the top of the pyramid in Cholula You will have a local guide at Cholula Pyramid The meeting point is at Maria Isabel Sheraton Hotel, next to the roundabout of the Angel of Independence