My Guide Website?
Chichen Itza: Self-Guided Tour with Audio Narration & Map58 Reviews
Explore the ruins of Chichen Itza, the ancient Mayan city offering a glimpse at this mysterious, long-lost civilization.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Witness the towering Temple of Kukulcán, the iconic step-pyramid
- Uncover the hidden symbolism behind the artistic designs found throughout
- Tap into your inner archaeologist and learn the long-forgotten secrets of the site
- Learn about ancient Mayan sports at the Great Ball Court
DescriptionStart by downloading the app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map all in one. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 1.5+ mile-long tour covers the essentials of Chichen Itza in 1-2 hours. Once downloaded, your tour of Chichen Itza begins at the entrance to the archaeological site. As you enter and get your first look around, the first thing you’ll see is an ancient wall that once surrounded this site. The next landmark is pretty hard to miss--it’s the awe-inspiring Temple of Kukulcán, Chichen Itza’s most famous structure. But you won’t just be admiring this step pyramid, you’ll also learn about its remarkable construction and how it was built to honor the equinox. Continuing along, you’ll come to another of the city’s most amazing sights: the Great Ball Court. Here, Mayans once played an intense, elaborate game sort of like a cross between basketball and soccer--but with a 20-pound ball! Here, you’ll learn not just about the game, but also the unusual construction of the court. Next, you’ll pass the ominously-titled Wall of Skulls, depicting the heads of sacrificial victims! Then you’ll arrive at the Platform of the Eagle and Jaguar Warriors. Here, intricate carvings and sculptures illustrate the exploits of these highly trained, fearsome warriors. After this is the Platform of Venus, which once held offerings to the stars. You’ll learn about the Mayans’ complex belief system here, how they used this platform and more. Soon, you’ll arrive at The White Road, an ancient stone road that is one of the largest and most intact of its kind in existence. This leads to the Sacred Cenote, where ancient Mayans performed human sacrifices to appease their rain god. Up next is the Temple of Warriors, an impressive, multi-tiered temple hiding a dark secret. Your route takes you next to the Hall of a Thousand Columns, where people once shared meals together, followed by the Ossuary, where the grave of a High Priest is located. Then it’s on to the Observatory. Here, you’ll discover how the Mayans viewed the heavens, and what they believed the stars told them about their future. Finally, you’ll arrive at the imposing but oddly-named Nunnery, followed closely by the Church. These two ancient structures are some of the most-photographed spots in the entire city, and for good reason! Your tour concludes here.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.