My Guide Website?
CDMX: Xochimilco, Coyoacan & Frida Kahlo Museum Private Tour53 Reviews
Travel by Trajinera through Xochimilco, a World Heritage Site, during a private tour of Mexico City. Visit the University City, Coyoacán, the Anahuacalli Museum and the Blue House.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Puerto Vallarta: Humpback Whale Research Adventure Tour
- From Cancún: Rio Lagartos & Las Coloradas Day Trip & Lunch
- Mexico City: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City Tour
- Cabo San Lucas: Beach and Desert ATV Adventure with Pickup
- From Guadalajara: Town of Tequila & Jose Cuervo Factory Tour
- Visit the Xochimilco floating islands and Frida and Diego Museum
- Discover where the enigmatic painter Frida Kahlo lived and died
- Experience a panoramic tour of the Unam (library and the Olympic stadium)
DescriptionEmbark on a guided tour of Mexico City and sail through the ancient Xochimilco borough on a colorful trajinera. Learn about the city from your guide and visit highlights, including the Frida Kahlo Museum and the Coyoacan Neighborhood. On this private tour, begin with a pick-up from your hotel in Mexico City and drive to Xochimilco. There, climb aboard a trajinera painted with bright colors to explore the channels built by the Aztec civilization. During the tour, you will be informed about the construction of artificial islands and other activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site. A visit to the Anahuacalli Museum, founded by the famous Mexican muralist Diego Rivera. Your guide will offer you a personalized narration about the art collection including 64,000 pre-Hispanic pieces. The blue house, also known as the Frida Kahlo Museum, is where the enigmatic painter Frida Kahlo lived and died. Learn about the important details of her life and admire your her work before taking a stroll through the historic center of Coyoacan, which has a colonial atmosphere. Lastly, your guide will take you to visit the National Autonomous University of Mexico, where you will be able to see mosaic murals by Diego Rivera, Juan O'Gorman and David A.Siqueiros. After admiring the views of the Olympic stadium, be taken from the Vuelta to your hotel.
IncludesTickets to museums Guide Driver Bottled water 1 hour on Trajinera
- You will receive confirmation at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- During this excursion, you will have to walk a lot
- You will be allowed to take photos in the Frida Kahlo Museum
- There will be no food or drinks provided so please come prepared if you feel you will need any food or drinks while on this tour
- Gratuities can be paid to your guide