Embassies and Consulates in Mexico
In specific, the embassies and consulates are participating in the diplomatic relationship with the State and the Government in which they are established.
We share the roles that embassies and consulates will play for you:
- Provide consular support and defend your rights.
- Advise you on your interaction with the authority.
- Remind you of your rights and responsibilities in the country where you are based.
- Offer advice to you and provide you with details from a lawyer who will defend you if required.
- Visit you whenever you are arrested or injured to know your wishes and to act accordingly.
- Offer support and identify the means by which you have access to legal representation in the case that you are unable to personally enforce your rights.
- Provide you with information about doctors and hospitals.
- Issue your passport in case of loss or robbery.
- The embassy or consulate in case of arrest:
- Ensure that municipal authorities respect your interests.
- Offers information on legal aid.
- If you order it, inform your family of your legal condition.
In the following link, you can find all the information about which embassies and consulates are in Mexico.