Guide to Buying Property in Tulum, Mexico
Tips for buying a property in Mexico if you are a foreigner.If you are interested in buying a property in Tulum, Mexico, there are several things to consider, here are the main points:
1. Determine the type of property: Do you want to buy a property to live with your family or to run a business? A detached house in Tulum may be what you want for you and your family. But if you are buying for investment purposes, then holiday renters may want a place closer to the beach.
2. Set your budget: Set a realistic budget and stick to it before anything else, even if it's a good deal, because if you go out of line you could complicate your plan and even lose your future property.
3. Research the characteristics of the areas of Tulum: Tulum is divided into two main areas, the beach in the front and the jungle in the back. Each area has its own ambience and offers different development opportunities, research the area where you want your property to be and confirm for yourself if it suits your needs.
4. The climate: Tulum enjoys a warm and sunny climate all year round, an ideal location if you like tropical living.
5. Current market conditions: Do some research and verify that what you are being offered is real, in the case of Tulum one of its highlights are its well known white sandy beaches, its good weather, incredible landscapes and its growing tourist economy thanks to the development of the Mayan train and the Tulum International Airport.
6. When buying: Make sure you are dealing with a reputable real estate agent, avoid having a bad experience, better to pay a little more and avoid being a victim of a scam.
We have made these small points to make it easier for you to start looking for the property of your dreams in Tulum, we know there is a gigantic world of possibilities out there, however if you have these points clear it will be easier for you to get advice and make this important decision.