My Guide Website?
From Mexico City: Hike Iztaccihuatl Volcano with an Alpinist114 Reviews
Escape the hustle of Mexico City to hike one of the highest volcanoes in Central America. Climb Iztaccihuatl Volcano and look over the stunning Valley of Mexico.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Breathe in the fresh mountain air as you look over the Valley of Mexico
- Get in touch with nature
- Enjoy panoramic views of the valley and mountains
- Learn more about the area with your alpinist guide
DescriptionDepart Mexico City and spend the day touring the Izta-Popo National Park. Head to the foothills of Popocatépetl to start your hike up Iztaccíhuatl from the base of the dormant volcanic mountain. Take in the beautiful scenery and fresh air as you walk in a small group. Your own skill level will determine how high the hike will go, so you won't feel strained beyond your abilities. Popocatépetl is Mexico’s second highest peak and part of the tour offers splendid views of the valley and village of Amecameca below. Marvel at the 3,700-meter high mountain of La Joya in the famous Paso de Cortés, named after the Spanish conquerors who crossed it on their way to Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1519. Then, return to Mexico City and reflect on the tranquility of the mountain and the miraculous wonder of nature.
IncludesAlpinist guide Round-trip transfer Entrance to the volcanoes natural park Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected)
- Please note that this tour involves a moderate amount of walking on irregular ground and is subject to the physical capability of the overall group
- Whilst this is not a professional tour, it is however recommended that you are in good physical condition for hiking