My Guide Website?
San Cristobal: Chiflon Waterfalls & Montebello Day Tour16 Reviews
Discover the remote Chiflon Waterfall and lose yourself in the natural beauty of the Montebello Lakes National Park on a 12-hour tour from San Cristobal. Admire the striking colors of the bodies of water as they vary by different mineral content.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk through the rainforest to see the 'angel's wings' of the remote Chiflon Waterfalls in Chiapas
- Experience the different colors of the system of lakes in the Montebello Lakes National Park
- Cross one of the lakes on a traditional wooden raft to see breathtaking orchids
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the waters of El Chiflon, and at some of the lakes of Montebello
DescriptionStart this full-day adventure into the wilderness of Chiapas with a morning pick-up from your hotel in San Cristobal. Drive to the impressive El Chiflon Waterfalls near the colonial city of Comitan, and hike an approximate 1-mile (1.5 kilometers) to the top of the multi-staged cascades, surrounded by mountains and rainforest. Known for creating the impression of a pair of “angel’s wings” that appear to emerge from the mountain, the falls also offer striking turquoise waters that you can take a dip in at the end of your walk. Continue to Montebello Lakes, a collection of 52 crystal clear lakes surrounded by pine forest. Here, you can dive into the refreshing blue waters, and even cross in a cayuco (a small, rustic wooden raft) to see beautiful orchids. In total, you will visit about 5 to 7 of the main lakes to experience the contrasting colors, which can vary from dark green, to bright emerald, turquoise, and even purple or red, depending on the mineral content. You will then be transferred back to San Cristobal for a drop off at your hotel, or the Zocalo (Plaza 31 de Marzo) if you prefer.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from San Cristobal Entrance to the parks Pick-up and drop off in San Cristobal
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sunglasses, a cap, sun block, and extra cash in case you want to purchase souvenirs and/or food. An additional change of clothing is also advised, in case you get wet by the waterfalls