My Guide Website?
Playa del Carmen: Cooking Class & Local Markets Tour16 Reviews
Meet Chef Alma and get ready for an authentic culinary and cultural immersion in Playa del Carmen. Learn how the locals shop, cook, eat and live as you acquire a deeper knowledge of Mexican flavors and daily life in this vibrant neighborhood.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Participate in a cooking class with a local master chef
- Discover off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods and markets
- Learn how to select different produce to combine and balance flavors
- Cook Mexican recipes from scratch in a small group class with up to 6 people
DescriptionStart the tour by meeting Chef Alma, a local professional and embark on a true culinary and cultural experience in Playa del Carmen. Set off together into the vibrant neighborhoods of Playa del Carmen to purchase groceries and produce from stores and markets. Discover how the people of Playa select their produce and where they buy the best ingredients for family meals. After picking up everything you need to cook with, the chef will welcome you into her home and you will start cooking up a feast of Mexican home-style dishes. Learn how to cook a 3-course Mexican meal and enjoy delicious tastings of the food and Margaritas for lunch. Receive a file with all of the recipes you have learnt at the end, so you can take your flavorful memories of Mexico home with you.
IncludesTransportation from the meeting point to the markets and kitchen Cooking class with a master chef All ingredients Cooking class for a 3-course meal Recipes in English sent to you via email Soft drinks, bottles of water, Margaritas (2 per person)
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before check-in
- Have a filling breakfast before leaving your hotel, keep in mind that you must shop for the products you will cook with and you will need to cook everything from scratch; the 1st course will be served around 1 PM
- Bring money in case you want to buy products for yourself
- Please inform the chef about dietary restrictions or food allergies