My Guide Website?
Oaxaca: Monte Alban and Historic Villages Full-Day Tour21 Reviews
Visit the archaeological zone of Monte Alban and learn about the great Zapotec culture. Visit the historic towns of Arrazola, Culiapan de Guerrero, and San Bartolo Coyotepec on this full-day tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Great Zapotec culture and the impact on the modern world
- Make the most of your vacation time with this complete experience
- Visit one of the most impressive archeological zones at the top of a mountain
- Visit the artisans villages and take in the culture
DescriptionEnjoy a tour of the extraordinary archaeological zone of Monte Alban, declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1987. Monte Alban, constructed on a plateau at 1,940 meters above sea level, is one of the most representative archaeological sites in Mexico. With pyramids, a court for the pre-Hispanic ball game, among many other mystical constructions, take this chance to explore cultural traces from different civilizations, such as the Olmecs, Mixtecs, and Zapotecs. Continue to the town of Coyotepec, famous for its ceramics production, followed by a visit to the convent of Cuilapam. This Dominican convent dates back to the 16th century and was the site of the execution of one of Mexico's heroes from the Independence War, Vicente Guerrero. Finally, visit the village of Arrazola and head to a workshop to see how the famous Alebrijes (wood-carved fantasy animals) are made.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Bilingual guide Entrances to the archaeological zone Travel insurance
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- It will be a full-day tour, so sleep well the night before and have a good breakfast