My Guide Website?
Cancun: Chichen Itza, Ik Kil Cenote, & Valladolid with Lunch165 Reviews
See the remarkable pyramids and monuments of the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza and swim in the cenote Ik-Kil. Learn about the Mayan civilization and visit the colonial city of Valladolid.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mexico:If youʻre booking your trip to Mexico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Loreto: Tabor Canyon Guided Hike
- Cozumel: El Cielo & Palancar Snorkel with Open Bar & Ceviche
- From Guadalajara: Tequila Day Trip with Jose Cuervo Option
- Mazatlán: Whale Watching Tour
- Cancun Airport: One-Way or Round Trip Airport Transfer
- Explore the pyramid temples and other monuments of Chichen Itza
- Swim in the underground lake of Ik Kil
- Stroll around the colonial city of Valladolid
DescriptionDepart for the archaeological site of Chichen Itza between 07:10 AM and 08:10 AM and prepare yourself for a 2.5-hour historical tour of the most famous of the ancient cities of the Yucatec Maya. Named one of the New 7 Wonders of the World in 2007, Chichen Itza was once one of the largest cities of the Mayan civilization and thought to be one of the most mystical. See the stunning pyramid Temple of Kukulkan and marvel at the row of columns in the Temple of a Thousand Warriors. Look at the observatory temple of 'El Caracol' and continue to highlights such as the sacrificial pit of the Great Ball Court, where the ancient ball game of 'pok-ta-pok' was played. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own. Then, take a refreshing swim in the cenote of Ik-Kil and experience an underground lake on one of the subterranean river systems sacred to the Mayans. Enjoy lunch before driving to Valladolid, where you will spend about 30 minutes in the 16th-century colonial city before the return journey and drop off at your hotel between 06:30 and 07:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off from Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Akumal, or Tulum Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Bilingual guide Regional buffet lunch Visit to Valladolid Guided visit to Chichen-Itza Visit to Ik-Kil cenote
- Walking Requirement: Please be aware that this tour includes a moderate amount of walking. It's advisable to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for some physical activity. Tour Operation from Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Playa del Carmen: This tour is available daily for guests staying in Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Playa del Carmen. You can book this tour any day of the week if you are in these locations. Tour Operation from Tulum Downtown and Specific Hotels: For guests staying in Tulum Downtown and hotels located from Bahia Principe Tulum to Tulum, the tour operates only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please plan accordingly if you are staying in these areas. Tour Operation from Puerto Morelos and Puerto Aventuras: The tour is available from Monday to Friday for guests staying in Puerto Morelos, Puerto Aventuras, and hotels situated between Puerto Aventuras and Bahia Principe Tulum. Note that the tour does not operate from these locations on weekends.